Educational Game Design¶
I do a lot of research on Educational Game Design, so I’ll be posting interesting papers along with summaries. Please read and comment!
- Digital Math Activity: Diagnostic Feedback
- Gender in Middle School Educational Games
- Commercial Games in Schools
- Endogenous vs. Exogenous Games
Queued Research Papers¶
- Evidence-Centered Design
- Acquisition vs. Participation Metaphors for Knowledge
- Game Development Design Principles (Gelderblom’s Masters thesis)
- TPACK: Technological, Content, and Pedagogical Knowledge
- What is Constructivism?
- What is Situated Learning?
- Motivation & Engagement: MUSIC model
- Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out
- Next-generation Learning
- Simulations vs. Games
- Use - Modify - Create
- Socio-Cognitive Learning
- Informal vs. Formal Learning Environments
- Connected Learning
- How People Learn